Welcome to NAVPLG - Website currently under construction
Founded in 1997, NAVPLG is a national association of administrators for volunteer programs in local, city, and county government. We are currently recruiting new members for the 2014 membership cycle and hope that you will consider joining our peer network. We also have openings for new board members. We hope you will join us in strengthening our organization. NAVPLG is a proud affiliate of the National Association of Counties (NACo).
Benefits of Membership
- Resources to support your local government program.
- Access to the NAVPLG website, including members-only pages.
- NAVPLG E-PLG: an e-publication with news, program updates, and best practices.
- NAVPLG networking: access the membership directory to connect with others who share similar issues and concerns.
- NAVPLG workshops: training and educational opportunities at the National Conference on Volunteering and Service (NCVS), as well as state and regional levels.
- NAVPLG awards: Innovative Program, New Volunteer Administrator, and Outstanding Volunteer Administrator awards are presented annually. Submission deadline: May 1, 2014. Membership in NAVPLG is required to be considered for these three awards. In 2014, a new category, Award of Merit, was established and may be given to a volunteer administrator or program at the discretion of the NAVPLG board. Membership in NAVPLG is not required for the Award of Merit. Nominees for all awards must be a program manager or program of local government in a city, county, township, borough, parish or other local government entity in the United States. Recipients receive a personalized award plaque and a free one-year NAVPLG membership.
Notes from NOtes